Before you can install your Donate Button, head to your Goodworld account and create your first button. Then, copy the embed code so you have it ready to go.
Installing the Donate Button using WordPress
Please note: some WordPress plugins can affect the performance of the Donate Button or prevent it from working properly. These instructions are for a standard WordPress setup.
- Visit your WordPress Admin Dashboard
- Sign in with an administrator account (Editor or Author accounts will not have the necessary privileges)
- Every WordPress theme is a little different, to simply install your button on a Page or Post, visit that Page or Post and edit it
- Paste your Donate Button code into the WordPress editor under the "Text" tab. If you paste it on the "Visual" tab, it won't work
- Preview your edits to make sure the button shows up
- If everything looks great, click the "Update" button and publish the Page or Post
If you have an existing site navigation including a "Donate" option and just want to link to your Goodworld Donate Button from that existing navigation, follow these steps:
- Complete steps 1 and 2 above
- From your WordPress dashboard, click the "Appearance" tab on the left and click "Editor"
- On the right side you should see a "header.php" or "Theme Header" file, click that file
- Click the "Proceed" button to edit the header file
- Save the file
- From your WordPress dashboard, click the "Appearance" tab on the left and click "Menus"
- Edit your "Donate" link in your navigation menu so that the link opens your Goodworld Donate Button using this link structure: #goodworld-trigger?id=YourUniqueDonateButtonID